daddygumit

This is a journal of Mee and Zac and our adventure starting our family.

Friday, March 24, 2006

Ouch!

This morning we said goodbye to Ali and Maribel and I for one have a bad case of the blues. The bond formed living with them for three weeks, twenty-four hours a day, in a foreign country, going through one of the most wonderful but strange and stressful situations we will ever endure is immeasurable. They are wonderful people and will forever be a part of one of the biggest moments of our life.

Chloe was just the thing needed to help me get over my blues. It’s fantastic how every other ache and pain fades when she is with us. If only I could find a way to bottle it, I would make a bajillion for sure.

To deal with the residual depression, Mee and I went shopping. To the Tsum! It’s a good battle cry. We did pretty well on our own; I even tried to haggle with a woman on a price. I didn’t get any movement, but it was fun to try anyway. It seems that as long as you are good-natured and make an honest attempt at Russian, most people are very patient and helpful.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home