daddygumit

This is a journal of Mee and Zac and our adventure starting our family.

Thursday, March 02, 2006

Traveling, traveling, traveling

We just landed in Germany and managed to get lost in the airport almost as soon as we stepped off the plane. Not to worry though, everyone here speaks enough English to help us rubes find our way. My real concern is for when we get to the rural areas of Kazakhstan, where no one but our translator will speak English.

Right now, Mee is studying the Russian phrase book. Evidently there are no words with less than four syllables. For instance the word for “no” is “no no-godplease-no” which in Russian looks more like “BOA3YT” or something.

Our flight over was uneventful, the way a flight is supposed to be. The time change is a bit difficult though. I am writing this at 11:30am German time, which is 4:00am Chicago time. What I know for sure is this “it is time to take a shower”. I’ve started to offend myself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home