daddygumit

This is a journal of Mee and Zac and our adventure starting our family.

Monday, February 27, 2006

Hey, did you happen to see the most beautiful girl in the world today? No? Well, here she is.

Chloe Madina
Age 1, aquarius
Hobbies: adroolin, apoopin, abreakin hearts.

We're leaving to meet her on Wednesday and unlike weepy Zac below, I don't plan to cry at all. Nope. The thing about kids is, you can't show them your weaknesses.* If you do, they'll exploit them and then you're toast. Parenting is a battle, you know and it's really best for the kids if you win. So though I might be crying on the inside, I'll be stone cold on the outside. I'm going to be a fantastic mom.

Anyway, you might be wondering where she is. Lemme see if I can pull a map here.



Basically, the other side of the world. We'll be gone for a month, back home for a couple of weeks, and then go back for a week to bring home our princess. The weather promises to be frigid, -16 degree winds. Now where did I put those long underwhars?

* see Mee's Big Book of BS, any page.

4 Comments:

Blogger Grandma K said...

My darling Miss C, you have already found a place in my heart that I have set aside just for you.

Grandma K

11:28 PM  
Blogger zac said...

edited by zac

Aunt Leslie says Welcome!!! Lil gal, you're going to have the bestest parents on the whole planet...and an aunt and uncle that're gonna spoil you silly. Can't wait til you can come to our house and eat all the chocolate you want and get showered with gifts and get to stay up late and learn really really bad habits. We'll be the ones you'll want to run off and live with when you turn 15, and we'll be a-waitin!

7:14 AM

3:02 PM  
Blogger Sara Libbey said...

Hello "Lil Miss C. I just can't wait to meet you. I know your are going to love your Mom and Dad... I do! They are the "Best". I am so very proud of them. They have worked hard and deserve the best and that my dear is why they have found you.

I have some cousins here who are "chompin' at the bit" to see you as well. I can't spoil them as I'm their Mom.....So do you mind if I take all that spoiling and put it to good use on you?

I love you all,
Hugs & Kisses

11:20 PM  
Blogger Sara Libbey said...

Oh and I must tell you, and the rest of the world, that one of your dad's favorite songs to play on the jukebox at our grandfather's taver was...."Hey, Have You Happened To See The Most Beautiful Girl in The World?"

It must be fate!

11:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home